Thursday, July 12, 2007

Desperation Update

Wow, it's been deader than a doornail around here lately, hasn't it? Do not fear! I am not dead, and I have not abandoned my blog. I was just in Toronto for a few days, doing touristy things with some Floridian family members, away from the internets. Despite the Leafs-ness, it's such a beautiful city, and I had a very good time.

But I've been leaving my hockey duties in the dust! This is unacceptable! So I'm updating now to tell you what the deal is: I'm going to be writing and posting in rapid succession three or four Reasons I Love Hockey, so I don't fall too far behind. I've missed two Memory Mondays in a row, but I already have a topic lined up for next week, so that's just going to have to turn into a semi-weekly series, I think. I've been meaning to write a post about the Thomas Vanek signing, and my overall reaction to the post season happenings to date, but that will probably have to wait another week or so.

And then there are the Game Diaries. I think I'm going to have to give up on the Rangers game. Aside from the fact that I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach watching it (let alone pay enough attention to write about it) I'm now more than a week and another game behind schedule. And if I don't get started on the newest Game to Remember Diary I'll be even more in the hole. So, without even watching it, I think I can sum up the game against the Rangers in a few phrases: Drury is slag-faced, Lundqvist is way, way too good for the Rangers, and my heart is broken. There. 12 to Remember is now 11.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gambler, I actually watched Drury's game to remember. Your mini-recap pretty much summed up the action. He is slag-faced.