Saturday, August 11, 2007

Desper-cation

It's vacation time over here again, so I'm probably going to be away from the internets all week while I partake of fun summer activities such as swimming, boating, and getting really, really sunburned. It's somewhat of a tradition in my family. Unlike last time, I'm bringing my laptop along for the ride, so hopefully I'll have worked on enough things over the course of the week that I'll be able to make several quick updates once I get back to make up for the long radio silence. The next game diary will be one of those updates, I promise.

So, in honor of my family renting a cottage in the Thousand Islands, I'll leave you with this non-hockey-related story of my friends and me at a restaurant in the Twin Cities:

Friend A: "Thousand Islands dressing" is such a bad name. They should call it "American dressing."
Me: Well, the Thousand Islands are in America--most of them, anyway--so I guess it's the same thing.
Friend B: They are? The Thousand Islands actually exist?
Friend C: Yeah, they're like, up in Alaska, aren't they?
Friend B: Oh, yeah! All those little tiny islands, that's right.
Me: Uh, no. They're in upstate New York, in the St Lawrence river.
Friend B: No way! There's no way a thousand islands would fit in a river!
Me: Well, actually there are way more than a thousand of them, and yeah they do all fit in a river.
Friends A, B, and C: We don't believe you!

Proof, here I come. Hope everyone has a lovely week!

1 comment:

Heather B. said...

Gambler, come home! I need some new posts~