Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fishy

(I was going to tack this on to the end of the last post, but I think it warrants its own. Excuse the self-indulgence.)

The other day I learned something terribly exciting while wandering (backwards) through the Berlin Jewish Museum. According to a formaldehyde-filled fish display, "Hecht" is the German word for "pike." This helps explain the call I got at around 3:00 this morning, during the second intermission in Toronto.

*Ring*Ring Ring*

Gambler: Hello?

Yo-Yo: Where are you?

Gambler: I told you not to call me in Germany. It's expensive.

Yo-Yo: You're in Germany? It's game day. We've been waiting for you since puck-drop.

Gambler: I've got all this German to learn, and--

Yo-Yo: Oh. (shouts) She's not coming!

Goose: (in the background) Oh come on!

Pommerdoodle: (in the background) It's game day!

Yo-Yo: Real good, Gambler. Real good! I was scoring this morning. I was scoring this morning. (hangs up)

*Dial tone*

What have I done?!?!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you spell Pommerdoodle with 2Ms? Real good, real good!
Very clever,B.

Anonymous said...

:^::::::::::::

It's not funny, but it's funny.

Gambler said...

Mom, why do you spell Pommer with two Ms? Because otherwise it would be Poe-mer. It's simple phonetics! Come to think of it, how come it's not pronounced Poe-minville? Hmmmm...

It's okay, Mags, you can laugh. We don't mind.

Katebits said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Heather B. said...

Gambler, I hate this commercial. I hate it. But now I'll forever think of Yo-Yo sadly saying, "Oh" when he discovers you're not coming so I just might like it again. Very cute!

Unknown said...

Oh hey joke.... THAT I CAME UP WITH AND YOU ARE TAKING CREDIT FOR.

Sure you tied the it up all fancy with a bow... but if I remember correctly our last conversation went something like this:

You: Oh I found out Hecht meant pike today... isn't that funny?
Me: Ha! So basically he is that fish in our favorite commercial.

Then we brainstormed for awhile... most of them involving some sort of Roy/Bedazzling joke as well.... because honestly... it will never get old.

So thanks. For ruining my life.

Unknown said...

Gambler, this is awesome.

mceve said...

Meghan, sour grapes or what?

Gambler said...

Seriously, Meghan. Why don't you start your own blog, and then you wouldn't have this problem!

For the record, everyone, my sister totally did make this connection first. But it wasn't stealing! It was more like "sampling." Still, my sister's a genius.

Anonymous said...

now, now, girls. You're both pretty!