Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Look For It


If anyone's looking for a Gambler fix tomorrow, this is the sign Meghan and I are bringing to the Ice Bowl, so keep an eye out for it. I feel a bit like a sell-out going the NBC route, but I figure it's the best bet to get on TV, and this sign was made to be seen, baby! Most of the credit for the construction goes to Meghan, since she slaved away, channeling her inner Derek Roy and covering the whole thing in sparkles, while I felt the alluring pull of the internet this afternoon. But I did come up with the original idea, so I figure it's a fair trade-off. (For the slow, or unfamiliar with the Sabres, the names all around are all the guys who play wing on the team. [Except Peters, who doesn't play anything.] Me so clever!) The "Hi Dave" in the corner is a shoutout to our cousin's husband, who worked tirelessly with us this weekend while we tried to create the perfect sign. Thanks, Dave! You're not too bad. You know, for a Habs fan.

I am so exorbitantly excited for this event! As if you couldn't tell, seeing as I'm still up at 3 am on New Year's Day without any alcohol involved. But I better go and try to get some sleep. I'll leave you with this picture of Pommerdoodle trying to navigate his way out of his balaclava, which is sure to bring me hilarious dreams:

If I don't get to see this in person tomorrow, I will be severely disappointed.

Happy New Year, everyone! And for those of you joining me at the game, keep warm out there! (For those of you watching from home, I don't want to hear about how warm and toasty you were if the game sucks. I'm looking at you, Mom and Dad!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome sign! I'm sorry it didn't get on TV! NCB doesn't know what it was missing!