Monday, December 22, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes

For those keeping score at home, since Thanksgiving I have:

  • written five papers
  • taken one exam
  • finished my penultimate semester of college
  • turned 22
  • traded in my buzz-cut for a mohawk
  • driven the roughly 1200 miles from Saint Paul to Brooklyn
  • taken the roughly 10,000 hour train ride from Brooklyn to Buffalo
  • seen exactly one Sabres game
  • written exactly one blog post

There are only two of those things I'm not very happy about, and they're both changing tonight. Tonight I'll be attending the Sabres/Penguins game, which will be my first live game since the Sabres came to Saint Paul in October, my first live game in WNY since the Winter Classic, and my first live game in HSBC since Game 1 against the Senators in the 2007 ECF. Yeah, it's been a while. It will also be the official Buffalo christening of the Magic Comeback Jersey, so I'll be carefully monitering its effects. As for the other thing that's changing, this may be a lame, cheap post filed under the much-used "I'm a Horrible Blogger" tag, but it still counts. Hopefully, if this game proves to be as exciting as our other games against the Pens have been this season, there will be more (and better) where this came from later.

In case anyone else is going to the game tonight, and happens to read this in time, I'll be in section 106 if you want to say hi. I should be the only girl with a mohawk and a vintage blue Hecht sweater, unless I have a serious stalker.

Let's go, Buffalo!

No comments: