Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Letter of Apology

Dear Jaroslav Spacek,

I think I may owe you an apology. All last season, I was way too hard on you, and I'm sorry. I mean sure, you didn't come close to earning that $3 million: you were the only Sabre without a single point in the playoffs, before this season the last goal you scored was in 2006, and your defensive play often left me just praying that you would injure yourself. But apparently taking point shots on the power play is your bread and butter, and it was really unfair of me to expect you to produce while you were being deprived of your bread and butter. This season has already been an entirely different story, as you've logged lots of time on the power play, turning it into 4 goals and 6 points in 4 games. Keep that up and I might have to pull an Earl Sleek and vow to name my daughter Jaroslav to make up for all my shameless taunting! (Okay, that was a joke, Jaro. I know I'm apologizing, here, but I'm not that cruel.) For now, I would like to present you with these cinnamon buns, the universal symbol of excessive but heartfelt apology:


Keep up the good work!

Love,
Gambler

PS Keep doing those interviews, too, and when you do, please use the phrase "it's my bread and butter" as much as possible. It's hi-larious!

5 comments:

Mark B said...

Nothing like a Jaro Spacek interview to cheer up even the jaded of souls!

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOD, Jaro repeatedly saying, "it's my bread and butter", is possibly my favorite thing about the season so far. I really love that he told Lindy he was being misused, and that Lindy listened to him, and that Jaro immediately proved his point. I hope he can keep this up because I really like Jaro. He was one of the guys that surprised me by being all appealing and fun in training camp.

Earl Sleek said...

This is quite a dangerous trend I'm starting, isn't it? A generation of young girls wondering where they got their "Teemu" and "Jaroslav" names--probably not healthy for anyone.

Still, I endorse it like crazy.

Heather B. said...

Gambler, kudos to you for admitting your mistake. You know if Jaro keeps this up, half of Buffalo will be denying they ever spoke ill of him.

We talked about naming our firstborn Teppo so maybe he/she can be friends with little Jaro!

Kate, did I tell you or did I tell you? There's nothing else like a Jaro interview. Nothing!

Heather B. said...

Listen, Gambler, you gotta do something about this whole school thing. It's interfering way too much with your blogging!