Friday, February 8, 2008

Gameday Prediction: Sabres vs. Bruins

Okay, I know what you're thinking.

Wasn't the last hockey game you saw over a month ago?
*Sigh* Yes.

Haven't you been posting non-stop nonsense about the Sabres since then, including the transcript of an imaginary phone conversation with a fishy incarnation of Jochen Hecht?
Ye---wait, imaginary?

Wasn't your last post made up entirely of movie quotes, with no hockey content whatsoever?
Oh, why don't you stop annoying people?

Could you be any more out of touch with the Sabres?
Well, I could be Bucky Gleason, but yes, I get your point.

And you're making a prediction for tonight's game? Do you expect us to believe this?
Yes.

Because I have something you don't:


Wewease the secwet weapon!

(Sorry about the blurry quality of the photos. Apparently my camera doesn't do timer and focus at the same time.) There's magic in this fabric. I can feel it. I'm not quite sure yet how strong the powers are, but maybe, just maybe, it's full of--dare I say it?--turnaround juice. Whatever it is, I just can't help thinking that something wonderful is about to unfold.

Prediction: Captain (!!!) Hecht gets a hat trick and balloons, confetti, and yo-yos rain from the ceiling as he reaches the 20 goal mark for the first time in his career. They do that kind of thing, right? Of course, optimism has recently proven to be the enemy of a Sabres win, so I'm also predicting a 6-3 Bruins final. I hope everyone enjoys their free yo-yos, at least! Also? Chara will be large. Roy will be tiny. People will laugh about it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome, awesome Yo-Yo jersey! Eee! I'm glad you got it! :D

Anonymous said...

Did you really predict the Bruins to win? So much for magical fabric.

Anne said...

That jersey is pretty sweet.

When I'm feeling optimistic, the Sabres suffer. So I'm looking forward to a Bruins victory! 6-3? I say 10-0!

We'll probably lose on Sunday though because I'll be taking my cousin to his first Sabres game. Oh well!

Gambler said...

Look Mom, if I predict a Sabres win they're definitely going to lose. This way they at least have a chance.

Thanks for your excitement, Caitlin! I'm glad I got it, too!

Gambler said...

Yeah, Anne, I'm starting to think that the only way to make sure the Sabres don't lose every game between here and the end of the season, is for us to be absolutely sure they're going to lose every game between here and the end of the season.

Optimism is the enemy of success!

Heather B. said...

Gambler, I'm totally pommerdoodling on your behalf! That is one sweet jersey! I'm sure Yo-Yo will be feeling extra positive vibes tonight from the direction of Berlin!

Anonymous said...

Wooooo yeah! Yo-Yo! I'm glad you finally got the jersey :D

(also, customs gouged you for 19 euros? They took like, my right arm, a rib and 60EU from me. Bastards)

Katebits said...

Awww, look how cute you are, Gambler! Your jersey is beaUTiful!